//HOME\\ //CONTACT\\

Monday, July 9, 2012

Review of 3 Too Faced Bronzers, Snow Bunny~Sun Bunny~Chocolate Soleil

Hi Everyone!! Good morning, evening or night depending on what time you are reading this.

I decided after much time deliberating to actually create a blog about things I love. I hope you enjoy my first blog post as I know I have enjoyed reading many over the years. I would love to read comments, suggestions to improve it any way I can. Please be nice =) Images down below =)

So currently my obsession is Bronzers...particularly Too Faced Bronzers since they have a wonderful selection and quality products, mind you they are a bit pricey but they last a long time since a little bit is all you need and to me they are more than worth the money. They all retail for $29.00 at the TooFaced.com website and you can also purchase them at Sephora or Ulta. You can also get their quad that has less product but comes with all three of these as well as a Golden Sunny Color (Powdered Sun) =) Click the link Bronzed and Beautiful to see it at the Too Faced website (retails for $38). The Bronzed and Beautiful is a good option if you want to try all three before you make a decision and can't afford to buy them all at the same time.  As all Too Faced products they have wonderful packaging! It is very girly and cute, so much that I can never get rid of the boxes, GORGEOUS!. :D They all have mirrors which is helpful when you are taking them with you. What I'm going to do is first talk about them separately and compare them so you can make an informed decision as to which ones you want, or be like me and try all three. =)



#1~Snow Bunny~
Retails: $29.00 for .28 oz, or 8 g
Described on TooFaced.com : Snow Bunny~TooFace.com Website
What It Is: 
Four complementary shades are combined in this skin-perfecting bronzer to banish redness and rudiness, correct imperfections and add an all-over faux glow. 

More To Love: 
  • Universal Shade: Perfect for all skin tones. 
  • Protect Yourself: Stay away the sun’s harmful rays by faking your bake!
This was my first Bronzer that I owned from Too Faced, I tried it at Sephora and fell in love. It gives a beautiful glow, it is a shimmery bronzer that has four different shades that blend together beautifully. It gives your skin this radiant appearance and makes you look fresh. If you blend all the colors together it looks like a gold type highlight.  I usually apply this on my upper cheekbones, down my nose, on my chin and on top of my lip (just a little). Like I said a little goes a long way, this is more of a highlight in my opinion if you blend the colors together. If you concentrate on the darker shades it could work as a bronzer. It made my skin go from dull to luminous!! =) My skin tone is pretty fair during winter months and pretty tanned on summer months and this worked in my transition from Winter/Spring/Summer. It still looks gorgeous when I wear it.







#2~Sun Bunny~
Retails: $29.00 for .28 oz, or 8 g
Described on TooFaced.com as : Sun Bunny~TooFaced.com Website
What It Is: 
Our most popular, dual-toned bronzer is a silky combination of a rich, golden bronze and a classic bronze with a touch of pink undertone to achieve year round bronzed perfection that mimics a natural tan without any of the orangey ick! 

More To Love: 
  • Universal Shade: Perfect for all skin tones to provide a medium tan tone. 
  • Multi-use: Easy to apply shades can be used to shape and contour, or to produce an all-over rich glow. 
  • Protect Yourself: Stay away the sun’s harmful rays by faking your bake!

*Vegan-friendly
This was the second Bronzer I purchase from Too Faced, I was at Sephora again and was looking for a blush. The lady who helped me looked flawless, her cheek color was a nice pinky bronze look and I asked what it was she was wearing. She showed me Sun Bunny and I tried it on! As described it does have a pink undertone but not enough so that you only can wear it on cheeks, its great for contouring the cheeks and using the E 3 method. It gives a brown/pink shimmer. It is shimmery so those that don't like shimmery shades can go for my number #3 bronzer that I will review next. The shimmer is not ridiculous though so its really nice. I happen to love shimmery bronzer as well as matte, it doesn't go on orangey at all and will give you the sun kissed glow. I usually wear this on my cheekbones to contour, a little bit on the sides of my nose, and I use the E3 method on the rest on my faced, and down towards my neck as well. I do like that it is vegan-friendly, so those that use only vegan-friendly makeup this is a huge plus for you =) This Bronzer is also very pigmented and a little goes a long way, I say you build up to the color you want instead of placing a lot on your brush first hand. This will show up well in all skin tones! yay!




#3~Chocolate Soleil Bronzer~ Milk Chocolate Version
Retails: $29.00 for .35 oz, or 10 g
Described on TooFaced.com as: Chocolate Soleil~TooFaced.com Website
What It Is: 
We’ve combined the natural detoxifying effects of real cocoa powder with our signature Too Faced bronzing pigments to create matte bronzers perfectly suited for pale to deep skin tones for a touch of summer warmth all year-long. 

More To Love:
  • Matte Formula: Choose between the original Chocolate Soleil (deep matte bronze) and Milk Chocolate Soleil (light matte bronze) to achieve a perfect sun-kissed, shine-free warm glow.
  • Chocolate Scented: This tan-in-a-compact excites the senses with our signature, natural chocolate scent. 
  • Real Cocoa Powder: The neutral cocoa shade tones down red and evens skin tones, naturally.

*Vegan-friendly
*Paraben-free
This purchase came as luck since I purchased it in a set called Royally Bronzed that was available for a limited time on Toofaced.com. I wasn't planning on buying this individually since I already own Sun Bunny and I was very happy with its performance, but it was a huge plus! First off let me say it does smell like Cocoa!!!! I really and truly want to eat it!! hahaha. When I first received and tried it is was perfect for my skin tone (pre-tanned), it looked subtle yet I could tell my face looked contoured and with a nice glow. Since this is a matte bronzer there is no shimmer but it looks very natural on, just makes you look like you have a nice tan and gives life to your complexion. If you have an oily t-zone or oily skin this might be the best one for you since you don't want to accentuate the shine. The only thing I would say that I don't like now is since I came back from vacation you can't really tell I am wearing it...very slightly. Although that is not the Bronzer's fault. There is two shades you can buy, the Milk Chocolate version and the Original Chocolate Version. The one I received is a light matte bronze and the other one is a deep matte bronze. So I would say if you tan easily to get the deep matte bronzer (Original) so that you can use it during the summer months. I really like this one because I can use it year round when I don't have a tan, in the meantime I will use Sun Bunny. =) This one is also vegan-friendly and paraben-free which is also a plus.




Overall:
Overall I believe these are wonderful bronzers, I used to buy the BareEscentuals (Bare Minerals) but I found it to be a bit orangey. I've never been a bronzer type of gal and I don't overdo it. I like a natural looking bronzed look that can bring my face some more pop!! Deciding which one or which ones to buy really is a personal preference. Snow Bunny is a nice highlight that can illuminate the face and I believe is less a bronzer and more of a highlight, but really gives you that nice glow to the cheeks and chin etc. If you use the colors individually which I haven't done I'm sure you can get a more bronzed look. If you are looking for a more bronzed look with a shimmery finish (not glittery) I would go with the Sun Bunny. It is dual toned and a little goes a long way, it is great for contouring and can even applied as a blush because of its pink undertone! Sun Bunny gives you a dewy look that is also vegan-friendly. If you prefer a subtle matte bronzer or just a matte bronzer I would go with Chocolate Soleil! It smells yummy and gives you a contoured warm glow without the shimmer. They also have 2 shades depending on your skin tone. Chocolate Soleil also is vegan-friendly and paraben-free! I believe Snow Bunny can be worn together with Sun Bunny..Snow Bunny more as a highlight and Sun Bunny as a contour and blush. Or you can wear Snow Bunny with Chocolate Soleil, both combinations will be beautiful together.
 I can use all three during different times of the year and I can't bear to get rid of any of them. I will post pictures so you can see. I also posted pictures of me wearing the bronzers so you can get a better idea. I hope you enjoyed my first blog post and that it was helpful in deciding which Too Faced Bronzer to get. They also have more Bronzers at Too Faced.com including the Pink Leopard Bronzer which I have read is very popular.
Again thank you so much for taking the time to read my review and for commenting to help me improve or give me suggestions =).

Tell me, do you own any of these Bronzers or others by Too Faced? Which are you favorites?

Take care and have a great day!! <3 Mirela
Disclosure: I paid for these bronzers with my own money and this is my own opinion ;D
Left-Chocolate Soleil, Top Right-Sun Sunny, Bottom Right-Snow Bunny
Left-Chocolate Soleil (Milk Chocolate), Right-Sun Bunny
LEFT-Sun Bunny, MIDDLE-Chocolate Soleil, RIGHT-Snow Bunny
(OUTDOOR SHADE)

LEFT-Sun Bunny, MIDDLE-Chocolate Soleil, RIGHT-Snow Bunny
(OUTDOOR SHADE)

LEFT-Sun Bunny, MIDDLE-Chocolate Soleil, RIGHT-Snow Bunny
(OUTDOOR SUN)

LEFT-Sun Bunny, MIDDLE-Chocolate Soleil, RIGHT-Snow Bunny
(INDOOR)

HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS REVIEW :)

Wearing no Bronzers at this point =(

Wearing only Snow Bunny in upper cheeks, chin, nose
Wearing Sun Bunny (left cheek)

Sun Bunny pic #2


Sun Bunny pic #3


 Chocolate Soleil (right cheek)
 Chocolate Soleil pic #2
 Chocolate Soleil pic #3 (the little bit of shine is from Snow Bunny that I applied on upper cheek area)
All Bronzed up!!! =)<3



2 comments:

  1. Which is the best for contouring?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I would say the Chocolate Soleil bronzer, it is a more natural look since it is matte and won't accentuate problem areas.

      Delete